Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Expressing my love of flea markets

Guest post written by Whitney Hale

There's no place that I would rather be on a weekend morning than a flea market. They're just a goldmine, to me anyway. I just can't get enough of them. I don't even mind when I come away from one empty handed, which happens less times than not. It's fun to just look at all of the off beat things that you can find in a flea market and imagine who owned them before they were on sale at a flea market.

I use my Dallas wireless internet a lot to track down different vendors that are really good and I've met at certain flea markets. I've even met a few that sell their creations in boutiques. People tend to forget that it isn't just used things that are sold at flea markets.

But a lot of the things that I do buy at flea markets, which is mostly furnishings and decor, are used. They're so much cheaper that way. Also, it's nice to know that 500 other people didn't buy the same kind of lamp from Target like you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment