Thursday, April 5, 2012

Assisted Living Community

Guest post from: Mohamed Simon My parents are getting much older so we all decided that it was time for them to look into moving into an assisted living community. Don’t get me wrong, they are not anywhere near needing to be in a nursing home. But, we wanted to get them settled in a place that had everything available when they would need it. I had talked with a lot of my friends and knew where I wanted them to move. I explained it all to my parents, and they were in agreement that they would take the next step and move there. We first went for a tour of the whole community. We started in the office where the representative showing us around pulled up the area map on the internet they have through t1internet.net. The part that they would first live in would be a very nice house on the property with all the conveniences like in their own home. The next level would be in more of an apartment setting where they had buttons that they could call for help if needed and someone close by would help them. Then the last phase would be more of a nursing home setting. We didn’t talk about it much, but there was also a hospice place on the property if it was ever needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment