Monday, January 23, 2012

Needle Crafts

I have to say that my favorite needle craft has to be cross stitching. I've been stitching for around 30 years, since my grandmother taught me how to cross stitch when I was 15 years old. She was so talented at cross stitching but her true passion was knitting. I'm sorry to say that I have pretty much forgotten everything she taught me about knitting but at least her legacy lives on in my cross stitching. My second favorite "needle" craft is needle felting. Needle felting is when you take wool roving, a super sharp, barbed felting needle and repeatedly stab the wool roving and form whatever shapes you need. I love making felted acorns of various shapes and sizes and matching them up to different types of acorn caps. Needle felting is an ancient form of needle crafts. It's very fun to do just watch out for your fingers when felting. When cross stitching or needle felting I love to create country, rustic, and primitive pieces. I'm pretty sure I should have been born 150 years ago because I am drawn to the primitive style of years gone by. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment