Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Super busy time of year for my senior daughter

Wow!  I don't know where my daughter gets her energy but she has been going and going like the Energizer bunny.  She had 5 soccer games last week, worked 3 shifts at her job, spent time with her boyfriend, all while trying to get everything ready for prom.  Thank goodness the college stuff is done for us.  She got a full paid 4 year scholarship to a private college because of her grades.  We are so proud of her and her accomplishments.

Wish I could put some of that drive into my son.  He's a very smart, easy going freshman who just skates by barely.  I'm sure he will accomplish a whole lot in life but he'll do it at his own pace.  My friends all tell me it's second child syndrome but I think it's genetics.  My father was called 3 day Bob because he was a slow, meticulous worker and my brother-in-law is blessed with that same turtle like pace so I guess my son comes by it naturally!

No matter at what pace my kids work, Energizer bunny or turtle, they are both great kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment