Monday, May 10, 2010

Gooey Butter Cookies & Mother's Day

The weekend is over and I hope all of you had a Happy Mother's Day!  I did.  My daughter made me breakfast and gave me a new sautee pan and strawberry basket.  My husband gave me a movie and let me sleep in while he went off to work.  And my son let me give him a haircut and spent 2 hours weed eating the yard on Saturday.  All in all it was a very nice day.

My daughter and I made Gooey Butter Cookies on Sunday.  She has a band banquet tonight and the Senior class has to bring desserts in for everyone to eat.  Here's the recipe.

Gooey Butter Cookies (Everyone just loves them!)

1 stick of margarine
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 packaged yellow cake mix
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
powdered sugar for rolling cookies

Beat softened margarine, vanilla, egg, and cream cheese together until light and fluffy.  Mix in the dry cake mix.  Chill dough for 30 minutes.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly coat cookie sheets with cooking spray or use parchment paper because these cookies will stick.

Drop dough by teaspoonfull in a bowl of powdered sugar and roll to coat.  Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until just starting to lightly brown.  Remove from pans right away or they will stick.

This makes about 40 yummy cookies.  I usually double the recipe since it is time consuming and they disappear so fast.


Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds good and so simple! Suddenly I want cookies! :-)

    ReplyDelete