Tuesday, September 22, 2009

How I learned to cross stitch

When I was about 15 years old, I ended up with a horrible case of strep throat. My grandma, who was living with us at the time, thought I could relieve my boredom by cross stitching. She purchased me an adorable kit that would look great in a child's room when finished and proceeded to teach me how to get started.

I admit I wasn't hooked at first because it took me at least 4 years to finish that piece. Once it was done though I was hooked. I ended up getting that piece framed and gave it to my sister when her daughter was born.

I stitched randomly over the next 5 to 10 years because I'll admit I was a normal teenager and didn't have much time to spend stitching. It wasn't until my second child was born that I picked it up again and I haven't stopped since. My baby is now 14 and I stitch some every day. It's my therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment