Saturday, September 12, 2009

Promoting

Promoting is a necessary evil when you are trying to sell your own crafts online. I, at first, didn't want to get involved in all the promoting sites because after all it's time consuming. Let me tell you the real reason I resisted, FEAR!

I consider myself somewhat computer savvy even if I am in my mid 40's and have been a SAHM for the last 14 years, but some of the ways of promoting your own business just scared the beejesus out of me. I decided to be brave and tackle Facebook. After all, my own 16 year old daughter was on Facebook, how hard could it be.

I'm still confused by Facebook. I have managed to get a personal page and a fan page up and running. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/StitchcraftsonEtsy?ref=ts This is my fan page. I'm also proud to say that I twitter, blog, and have 2 Facebook pages. Not bad for a middle aged mom.

But what the heck is it with the Farkle, farming, and other stuff on Facebook? I guess I'll figure that out one day too.

Now I'm waiting to see if all this promoting pays off. But if it doesn't at least I've made new friends along the way and I've learned something new. You can teach an old dog new tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment