Saturday, September 5, 2009

I'm not stitching

I haven't stitched a bit over the last 2 or 3 days. It seems like once I get out of my rhythm I find it hard to get back into the groove.

I'm not sure if other moms notice this but when my husband is home at an off time of day for him, the whole routine of the house gets thrown off. I told my hubby the other night to just stay out of the way until 6:30 am when we would be done getting ready to head out for the day. I think I hurt his feelings but he would have upset our morning routine and it was much easier to keep him out of the way than to change the routines of three people.

I'm probably the only mom looking forward to Tuesday when things will go back to normal! I apologize to my family for feeling this way but I am a creature of habit and routine.

2 comments:

  1. Your post made me laugh cuz I feel the same way :-) When he goes on business trips the house seems to run smoother, sorry hunny but it's true. There is something to be said for routines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ain't that the truth. My neighbor's husband has been laid off for the last 8 months and he's just had to learn to stay out of the way. Makes the poor hubbies feel unloved but we run the house so that's just the way it has to be.

    ReplyDelete